MapTrip GPS App Interface
MapTrip is a professional GPS app with detailed live traffic data and an interface for developers. The MapTrip API is your software’s connection to MapTrip. You can configure MapTrip via the API and manage the majority of the MapTrip processes from your application. At the same time MapTrip also reports information about the current navigation back to your software.
The interface offers more than 50 functions to interact with the GPS App
- Set New Itineary
- Set New Destination
- Set Via points
- Set Vehicle Profile
- Query ETA
- Show/ Hide MapTrip
- Control Sound
- Control Map View
- Add POIs
- And much more…
Documentation and Tutorial
The full MTI documentation for developers can be found here. MTI is the abbreviation for MapTrip Interface. MTI is an easy-to-use Android interface that allows developers to control the MapTrip Truck GPS navigation app with just a few commands.
In our tutorial we will guide you step by step through the integration of the MapTrip Truck GPS navigation interface into your own application. After completing the tutorial, you will be able to integrate MapTrip GPS Navigation into your own Android app.
On Github you can find useful hints and examples.
Total flexibility for your business
The GPS App Interface is the right solution, if you
- want to link your own software to a ready-made truck GPS app with little effort.
- want to use the advantages of GPS navigation without high development costs.
- want to use the classic logistics functions (destination delivery, route list, update time of arrival and status information for navigation).
- want to individually manage vehicle profiles (e.g. different sized HGVs).
- need special functions that go beyond “normal” GPS navigation.
- always need the latest data for navigation (ETA, next manoeuvre…).
- would like to provide scheduling with feedback your disposition.
Coding Examples on GitHub
We have created a number of sample applications as coding examples on our GitHub account. They show how you can use the interface to communicate with the GPS app.